Users rarely run into any problems while using the Windows 10 operating system. But, there are some problems that may frustrate the user when they try to fix or or find a solution. The “Cannot Install Software on Windows” is a problem that gives a headache to the user while solving it. For a newbie, this problem could be annoying, but there are some methods that can be followed to fix the “cannot install software on Windows” error. So let’s check out the methods and fixes to resolve the error.
Here is how to solve “cannot install software on Windows.”
Checking the Security Settings
- Log into your computer as the administrator.
- Now, open Start menu and click Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Now, navigate to the For Developers option in the left pane of the Window.
- Click on the Sideload apps checkbox.
- The Windows cannot install the software error must be resolved.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + S to open the Windows search box.
- Type troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting from the search results.
- Click View all from the left panel of the window.
- Navigate to the Windows Update and click on it.
- Click on the Next and follow the instruction from your system.
- You will run the troubleshooter.
Determine the Windows Update is Operating
- Press Windows key + R keys.
- It will open the Run program.
- Type services.msc in the run program.
- Go to Services (Local) in the left panel.
- Navigate to Windows Update service.
- If you are not seeing “Running” in Status column, then right click on it.
- Now, click Start to begin the Windows Update service.
Run DISM Tool
DISM, Deployment Image Servicing, and Management tool can fix the issues when the Windows corruption error occurs. The tool is a built-in program in the Windows; hence you don’t have to download it from the Microsoft website.
- Open the Windows Search box and type CMD.
- Right-click on command prompt or cmd and click to Run as administrator.
- Type the command – exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press the Enter from your keyboard.
Disable User Account Control
- Open the Windows Search box and type UAC.
- Select the Change User Account Control Settings option.
- Click and drag down the slide to Never notify me.
- In this way, you will turn off the (UAC) User Account Control.
- Click Ok and when you want to turn on the UAC then slide up to the desired level.
- Then click Ok and reboot your computer.
Turning on User Account Control will be beneficial as it prevents any unauthorized changes to the system and notifies you about the changes occurred. Since the unauthorized changes can severely impact on the computer and security, activated UAC will be helpful to avoid any privacy and security issues.
Other Solutions to Fix the Issues
- Try scanning your computer system. A minor bug can also create a problem in the system preventing its components from running normally. In that case, you must download a reliable antivirus program and use to perform a full system scan to eliminate the malicious program.
- If you are installing a program in the system and receiving the error, then you must try to install with administrator permissions. Just right click on the setup and select Run as administrator. Check if the system is installing the program.
- Maybe a file is corrupted or damaged in the computer system. But, you can fix the problem by running a System File Checker Scan. The SFC does a full system file checker scan and detects the damaged, corrupted files. Once the files are detected, the tool will repair the affected files to resolve the problem.
These are the methods which you can follow to solve the “Cannot Install Software on Windows” error. It is sure that the problem may take some time, but these solutions and fixed will work to repair and eliminate the problem from your computer.