This 0x800CCC92 error is the Windows Live Mail and Outlook Error; it is a hexadecimal form of the error. However, it’s a very common error related to the Windows Live Mail and Outlook. Whenever this error occurred, then it simply means that either the e-mail application could not connect to the host or the host address is not reachable or the e-mail server might reject the login. And in all, there is only one cause, and that is “connectivity” with your e-mail server.
Generally, the error 0x800CC92 message can appear during the time of the program installation. While a Microsoft related software programs are running, during the Windows startup and shutdown, or at times during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Here are some causes of this error are as follow:
- Due to the corrupt download or incomplete installation of Windows Live Mail software
- Corruption in the Windows registry from a recent Windows Live Mail-related software change
- Some virus or malware infection which corrupted the Windows system files
Below we provide complete steps to fix the Windows Live Mail and Outlook Error 0X800CCC92. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Fix Windows Live Mail and Outlook Error code 0x800CCC92
To fix the error code 0x800CCC92 Windows Live Mail Error, you need to follow few simple steps. They are as follows:
Method-1: Run the SFC Tool
- Click to open Command Prompt.
- Under the command prompt, type the command sfc/scannow.
- Press the Enter key to start the system scanning procedure.
- Now, the progress of the system scanning on the command prompt will appear on the screen; this process takes almost half an hour to complete.
- After completing the process, try login with your newly generated password in the Windows Live Mail App.
Method-2: Carefully Check Email Server Settings
To fix this issue, you need to verify all the email server settings. Here how to do it:
- Open the Control Panel going by Mail via the link here.
- Then, click on the Add button appears inside the General tab on the Mail wizard.
- Provide your User id in the Profile Name and then click on the OK tab.
- Next, configure the Server settings or Additional server type manually at the lower portion of the screen.
- Now, press the Next button.
- Now, a new window with Internet Email Checked appears on your screen, click on the Next tab.
- Select your required server name to create the account and click on the Next tab.
- After completing the configuration process, you have to sign in with the Windows live mail.